Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another New Pattern? That-a-Way...


Well, maybe not exactly -- I had the pattern done in November. I had made it to submit to Cherry Tree Hill Yarn's design contest. Sadly it didn't win, but it's good for my fellow Ravelers, since the pattern is now up on Ravelry. I got two pair knitted from one skein of Dream in Color Smooshy, with a bunch to spare.

I'm calling them That-a-Way Mitts since the lace pattern is called "Arrow Lace". Appropriate, I thought! I used 2.50 mm needles for one pair, and 2.75 for the second. The first was a little snug for my hands, but fit my daughter's nicely. Since she absconded with them, I was down a pair, and dang it! I really liked the color of the yarn! So the 2.75 mm needle pair fit me perfectly.

The pattern hasn't been test knit, but I did knit up the second pair and had a chance to review it. So if you find any more mistakes, let me know!

3 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

Nice pattern. I think you should've won! I've already printed the pattern and it is waiting in line (have to finish the Blueberry Tea Mitts and 3 pairs of socks!)

Tracy said...

I love them! I am doing a shawl right now, and then I want to get into the ones that smariek designed, then these are next!

smariek said...

They look great! I'll have to add that to my list.