Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One and Two ...

It feels great to finish knitting something. You get to the last bind off, weave in your ends and TA-DA! Finis! The end. Ooops, I forgot. Sometimes knitting one something isn't enough. Sometimes you need two somethings -- two mitts, two socks.... before you know it, you have SECOND SOCK (or mitt) SYNDROME!

It seems like I was beginning to have a collection of one of things. I decided I had to start finishing stuff before casting on any more pair projects! I made a pair of Scrollwork Socks by Veronique Avery. These were in the latest issue of the St. Denis booklet, and my boss at Stitches with Style in Newark DE needed some shop samples. This was a great pattern -- I used Aslan Trends Santa Fe, which I fell in love with. It was more of a sport weight yarn, and the socks seemed to fly right off the needles....


There's only one sock in the photo because the other one is at the shop. I completed the first one and gave it to my boss right away, but it took a bit to get around to the second one. There really are two socks in existence now, I promise. I also recently published a new mitt pattern, Fluffy Knitter Mitts, which is available for free on Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fluffy-knitter-mitt

I was so excited to have a new design, I never finished the second mitt. SO I finished that one last night, too! Go me!


I still have only one of the Fingerless Glove Fanatics Mystery Mitt done, but I have to think about the picot hem. Not sure if I want to frog it and replace it with a boring straight edge or not....

And to celebrate getting two pairs of things done, I cast on this morning for a not-pair project -- Two Tone Tawashi. Stitches with Style is doing a "Washcloth Club" KAL with a new pattern selected every month. I liked this month's pattern, but the sample -- made with worsted weight -- seemed a bit on the small side. I found some Jeanee Chunky in the sale bin and used that. You can see the size is nice!


And I finished up my design for the Novemeber Designer KAL in the FGF: SOCK group on Ravelry. And I did make TWO so I have a pair. But I can't show you --- it's a SEKRIT!

No comments: