Friday, February 25, 2011

There can't ever be enough fingerless mitts....



When the muse strikes, you gotta go with it. I was inspired by a stitch pattern found in a new book I just purchased: The Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques by Margaret Radcliffe. I need to stop buying pattern books since I have enough books and magazines sitting around to keepme busy for 10 years. But this is a reference book, so I rationalized -- and so it came home with me.

I also had most of two balls of Wool Bam Boo left over from other projects, one in pink and one in blue. And of course I had to get some more yarn to go with them, because they certainly wouldn't look good together....



I really like color work -- Fair Isle or stranded knitting is so pretty, but it drives my crazy switching back and forth. I just have to practice more, but haven't been inspired to do so. Mosaic patterns are fun -- you're only using one strand of yarn at a time, so it's not as fiddly as Fair Isle. These work up very quickly in DK weight yarn.


You can find Gilly Bean available as a free Ravelry download:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gilly-bean

No comments: